Get all your nail polishes and tools needed for your design ready and close by.
1. Paint your clean and dry nails with a good base coat such as Essie First Base
2. Paint two coats of a neutral nail colour on your thumb and pinky (or any two nails you choose). I used Essie Sand Tropez , but really you can use any neutral color you like.
3. Begin with your first image with a dotting tool to form the megillah, and continue for the other image of choice. Get creative with the colors...there is no “right” or “wrong”.
I created a megillah and a mask.
On the other fingers you will paint a dark colour such as Essie Licorice. Then with a thin silver or gold stripper, paint a line across the nail about 1/3 from the tip of the nail. A tip is to rotate your nail as you hold the stripper brush steady.
4. Wait for about a ½ hour to let the images dry as much as possible.
5. Protect your design with a good top coat. I use Essie Good To Go.
Note: The best method for putting on the top coat is to dip the brush into the bottle, wipe gently and then place at the top of the nail and lightly brush downward. It is best to only use 3 strokes (centre, left and right)
Silver Polish Stripper
Regular polish brushes